Thursday, December 6, 2007

Mama said there'd be Days like this...


The holidays approach. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the holiday season. I love the Christmas Carols playing all month long on Coast 103FM. I love all the decorations in the mall. I love to dream about decorating my house. I love the opportunity to help my children learn to give. What I don't love right now is the state of my house, and the amount of time I now have to get my home in order. Sigh. I actually thought I was doing okay, right until I dug out all of the kids stuff that had been hiding in corners and under my chairs. The kids are delighted. I, however, am not. Sigh. Much sorting to do. I have been unwilling to give up sleep until now, but perhaps this is a must... I'll have to sleep on that.

And while I'm sleeping, I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do to manage 4 boys and a little girl at the mall this Saturday. Brandon is beside himself with joy at the prospect of taking one of his best friends (along with his little brother, who happens to be one of Liam's friends) to the mall. Maia is excited because her brothers are. Me? I'm hoping I'm not in over my head... Who to call for reinforcements? That's something else to sleep on. We're also going to visit my BIL at his newly purchased home. I think. He invited us over last weekend, but unfortunately Javier was in the midst of moving a printing company from one facility to another, and I was shopping with my MIL, and hoping to catch my husband at home for a few minutes. So I think that we are going to be there on Sunday, but who knows for sure. The most exciting thing for me this weekend, is that we are going to pick mistletoe with Brandon's Cub Scout Troop. I have never done this before. I'm actually a little bit giddy.

It might even be cold enough to wear my hat and mitts!

And maybe even a scarf! Maybe I should knit the kids some mittens... it's only two days away. I could finish 3 pairs of mittens... or not.



But speaking of finished objects...I FINISHED MYSTERY PROJECT #1!!!!!! Finished. I started this puppy in AUGUST! But it is done now. Good thing that I wasn't seriously planning on giving this until Christmas. Any guesses? I can't wait to put up photos of this bit of lace blocked. I've been doing some checking around, and for my first blocking attempt, I think I'm going go with a needle, crochet cotton, and some pins. Wish me luck. I am also steadily chugging along on mystery project #2. Keep your fingers crossed for me - this should also be done by Christmas. If only I could be put on bedrest for some reason, I might be actually finish everything I'm dreaming of for Christmas Knitting. But for now, I think I'll just concentrate on this project.

Well, off to sort some toys now....

Happy Holdiays everyone!

No comments: