Sunday, June 1, 2008

Reflecting...

So as I toodle around the internet, reading blogs and boards, reflecting on life's little subtleties, that little voice in the back of my mind starts reminding me about the fact that I have not added anything to this blog in maybe a month - not counting our backyard fire, of course.

So, what have I missed?

Brandon turning 8. This was a HUGE blow. Don't ask me what's so different about 8 than 7, but suddenly he seems much too grown up. Sigh. I keep telling myself I will let go when I need too... hope I don't end up with empty nest syndrome instead. But then again, I do love those little squishy babies.. sigh.
































We had a birthday party for him in the back yard a week after his birthday. It was small, but it was a load of fun. Everyone enjoyed pizza, and Javier was out there playing a game of... of... well, I don't really know what they were playing. I just know that it involved lots of pool noodles, and ambushes by the children.









































































Much hilarity and joy was had by all. It was a good day.




















The preschool had their carnival, and Miss Mary Mac had her last year as the Childcare Booth Chair. Mary is a hoot. I love to be around her. At least I'll still bump into her at the Elementary school for a few more years and a few more laughs. The kids had a blast riding ponies, and bouncing, and buying their own treats with the handful of tickets I got each of them this year. It was a wonderful day had by all.


















































Brandon competed with his Cub Scout Troop in the Pinwood Derby. He had a blast, but didn't win a thing. I love youth.



















































We got kittens. 3 of them. They are beyond cute, and I can't even begin to express how adorable it is to see my rough and tumble Liam curled around a baby kitten. He is more attached to his kitten than either of the other two, and he makes sure that she is fed, and comfortable, and in his arms about 2/3rds of the day. It is beyond cute. We have Fluffy Kitty (aka Dr. Pepper per my hubby), Tiger (that's Brandon's), and then the dangerously beautiful Kiki (Liam's pride and joy.)






























My older brother turning 47. Dude. No words. But I have to mail his present soon...

My siblings turning 31 - David and Danae - somehow them being over 30 just makes me feel really old. Sigh.






























(That's David Girlfriend, Lea)

Then my best friend (from across the continent) Jen getting yet another year older thousands of miles away.

Javier and I celebrating our 12 anniversary. Yah, all of you who bet we would last a year...ya'll can suck it. :D

(Anyone getting the feeling there are a lot of celebrations for us in May?)

And Liam got is very first Spotlight Award at the school - for "Asking great questions, and getting the answers!" This is very much my Liam. I love it.
















And that kind of brings us up to date - at least on the big stuff. My birthday is coming up. Maia's birthday is coming up and we are planning a little get together in the park. I hope it goes off well. My secret weapon of choice? Costco. Cake. Pizza. Cheap and good. Doesn't get much better.

Well, off for now!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Celebrating! :) We're enjoying all of the end-of-the-year-wrap-ups here and looking forward to diving into summer break next week. We'll be in Pasadena from June 27-July 7. We definitely need to get together, yes?

Anonymous said...

All the pix were nice ... but the little kittens were just too much! I haven't had a kitten in many, many years, and I do love them. What a great experience for your kids!