Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Grumble, Grumble, Grumble...

Grumble. I had been knitting madly on a pair of Monkey socks trying desperately to finish them as a gift for my Mother in Law. (Happy Birthday Anita!) I didn't finish. But being the knitter that I am, I decided to suck it up, and bring the finished sock and the almost finish sock to her house on Saturday, and hope that I could finish up the toe while I was there. I will just say in an aside, 3 young children at Grandma's house with lots of breakable things makes for kinda desperate knitting! So we get there, and I show her the socks, which she loved. Then she tried it on. Oh the horror. Everything matched the measurements I took of her foot. EVERTHING! But she couldn't get them over her heel. Where did I go wrong!

Grumble, Grumble. Sigh. Back to the frog pond.


(Rip-it, Rip-it, Rip-it)

2 comments:

Jen in FL said...

Oh my gosh, that is such a bummer! Maybe in your rush to get them done, you knit them too tightly? Try to remember that you LIKE knitting, OK?

Anonymous said...

Woman! Get of your lilly pad and make me some food.


Moo!!